In 1968, after several generations of ceramic making, Emilio Cruz and Maria de la Cal opened a ceramic workshop where they could be creative and share their art. The Cruz family lives and works in the town of Puente de Arzobispo, along the Tajo river in the Spanish province of Toledo.
The clay used for making their ceramics is retrieved from the local land, located along the Tajo river. It is cleaned and prepared on the Cruz facility. Each piece is carefully hand shaped on a potter´s wheel by Emilio Cruz and then hand painted by one of the family artisans. The Cruz family is recognized for incorporating traditional “Castilla la Mancha” ceramic patterns with their own original designs and colors.
Four Cruz artisans paint the ceramics, each with their own style. No two Cruz ceramic pieces will be the same. Each piece is completely individual and one-of-a- kind.
View some pieces from our selection of Ceramica Cruz:
- Colored Dot Square Box$18.00
- Hand Painted Box with Lid$21.00
- 4 inch Colored Dot Flower Pot$26.00
- 4 inch Mosaic Flower Pot$26.00
- Mosaic Napkin Rings – Set of 4$26.00
- Colored Dot Señorita Bell$28.00
- 7 inch Colored Dot Bowl$28.00
- 7 inch Mosaic Bowl$28.00
- 7 inch Colored Dot Tapas Plate$28.00
- 7 inch Mosaic Tapas Plate$28.00
- Colored Dot Olive Tray$28.00
- Mosaic Olive Tray$28.00
- Colored Dot Bull Pitcher$32.00
- Colored Dot Spoon Rest$32.00
- Mosaic Creamer$34.00
- Mosaic Espresso Cup – Set of 2$36.00
- Mosaic Pattern Salt and Pepper Set$36.00
- Colored Dot Bud Vase$38.00